close
close

Cuba Gooding Jr. breaks silence on ‘groping’ allegations in Diddy trial

Cuba Gooding Jr. breaks silence on ‘groping’ allegations in Diddy trial

Cuba Gooding Jr. was named in a lawsuit filed against Diddy (real name Sean Combs) earlier this year, and he has now responded to the allegations made about him.

In late February, a producer named Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones (who worked on The Love Album: Off the Grid) accused the boss of Bad Boy Records of sexual harassment as well as having drugged and threatened him for a year. About a month later, he added the 56-year-old actor to the ongoing case as a defendant.

According to court documents obtained by HipHopDXplaintiff claims he feared Combs was “grooming him up to give to his friends” – this apparently came true when the mogul introduced him to the Jerry McGuire star, who allegedly “began touching, groping and caressing Mr. Jones’ legs, his upper thighs near his groin, his lower back near his buttocks and his shoulders.”

Alongside an image of the alleged encounter, the filing adds: “He rejected her advances and Mr. Gooding Jr. did not stop until Mr. Jones forcibly pushed him away.” »

During an interview on the PBD Podcast which was released on Wednesday (May 8), the Hollywood veteran shared his thoughts on the ordeal as well as his recent inclusion in it.

“I think no matter what (Diddy) is facing, he’s on a journey, man,” he began. “I think God put him on a path where…I can’t imagine he’s stupid enough to do everything he does and keep it on his premises. I think the raid and all that, only time will tell – who was involved, who was a frequent guest in these places and areas.

“It’s funny because my lawyers said, you know, ‘All the media in the world wants to talk to you,’ and again, I’m like, ‘I don’t define myself by a headline in the press ‘, so I stay calm.”

The Bronx native later said the image used against him as evidence was positioned to fit a false narrative because he was simply listening to a new song by the businessman and not trying to impose himself on Rod.

“This photo – everyone in the room; there are probably 300 of us on the deck of P. Diddy’s boat on New Year’s Eve,” he added. “This guy suing him is after the money, man. I’m sure of it, and besides, I don’t know the life of P. Diddy. I don’t know what he’s going through (…) We were acquaintances, as I just showed you. I saw him two or three times.”

Listen to the Oscar winner share his side of the story at 1:23:49 below:

HHDX YouTube Video Player - Play ButtonYoutube Video - Cuba Gooding Jr. Breaks Silence on Lil Rod's 'Groping' Allegations in Diddy Lawsuit

According to a warning that precedes the court documents in the trial in question, the file contains “very graphic information of a sexual nature, including sexual assault.”

It continues: “Additionally, there are graphic images of the aftermath of a shooting, redacted images of sexual intercourse, redacted images of minors, sex workers and prostitutes, details of sex trafficking, distribution illegal weapons and drugs. »

Russell Simmons Defends Diddy Despite Sexual Assault Allegations: 'Look on the Bright Side'

Russell Simmons Defends Diddy Despite Sexual Assault Allegations: ‘Look on the Bright Side’

Diddy has vehemently denied all allegations, with his attorney Shawn Holley sharing a statement with HipHopDX to put an end to the allegations.

“Lil Rod is nothing more than a liar who shamelessly filed a $30 million lawsuit looking for an undeserved payday,” she wrote. “His reckless naming of events that are pure fiction and simply did not happen are nothing more than a transparent attempt to grab headlines.

“We have overwhelming and indisputable proof that his claims are pure lies. Our attempts to share this evidence with (Lil Rod)’s attorney, Tyrone Blackburn, have been ignored, as Mr. Blackburn refuses to return our calls.

She concluded: “We will respond to these wild allegations in court and take all appropriate action against those who make them. »