close
close

54-year-old man remarkably survives electric shock, firefighters say

54-year-old man remarkably survives electric shock, firefighters say

WEST JORDAN — A 54-year-old man remarkably survived an electrical shock Friday after the forklift he was driving struck or came too close to power lines at a construction site, firefighters said.

The man was seriously injured, but his co-workers were able to regain his pulse through CPR, according to West Jordan Fire Sgt. Travis Ball.

Ball said the incident occurred near the fire station, so paramedics were able to arrive quickly and perform other life-saving efforts before transporting the man to the hospital’s burn center from the University of Utah.

This story may be updated.