close
close

Andrew Tate shares his ‘final message’ after being banned from social media

Controversial influencer Andrew Tate has shared a “final message” in an hour-long video after being banned by Facebook and Meta’s Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.

Tate was removed from social media platforms this week after expressing “misogynistic” and “derogatory” views towards women.

TikTok confirmed it had permanently banned an account belonging to Tate, saying The independent that misogyny is a “hateful ideology”. He also indicated that he was in the process of deleting clips shared on the platform by his fans.

Meanwhile, Meta said the Tate content violated its policies and was reported in accordance with its guidelines on “dangerous individuals and organizations.”

In a video shared on his new website on Wednesday (August 23), Tate claimed that many of the criticisms leveled at him are based on clips that have been “taken out of context.”

“I have a certain responsibility to assume. I still blame myself, because my rise was so meteoric and I became so famous so quickly,” Tate said.

“My responsibility is that any negative connotations in my videos are removed. The way you say things in a video that gets 500 views is very different from the way you say things in a video that gets 50 million views: the more people you reach, the more important it is that people don’t take away nothing about their content. context.”

“If there were that many people cutting videos like mine and those people had a negative agenda, they could make Mickey Mouse look bad, you could make anyone look bad.”

Tate’s content shared online showed the former influencer saying he found 18-year-old women “more attractive than 25-year-old women because they’ve been through less s***”, and that women should “shut up, get off your ass, have kids, stay home, keep quiet and make coffee.”

During an appearance on the Anything goes with James English podcast last year, Tate said: “You can’t slander me because I will say straight away that I’m absolutely sexist and I’m absolutely misogynistic, and I have money and you can’t remove it. .”

As campaign group Hope not Hate noted, Tate also previously said Guys podcast that claimed students at his online “academy” Hustler’s University were making money by sharing snippets of his content on TikTok.

In his new video message, Tate said he did not attempt to challenge previous criticism of the social media bans because they “didn’t bother me personally.”

“Because I know they are false,” he said. “I live with a very pure heart.”

He said he understood why he was banned from Instagram, but added that he believed he had been “unfairly vilified.”

“I understand why they did that. It doesn’t matter if it’s a negative view of women, a negative view of men, a negative view of sexuality, it doesn’t matter what it is, it should stop, I’m agree with that,” Tate said. “Instagram has a responsibility to show that it is listening to the public.”

In a statement to The independent, Hope not Hate’s research director, Joe Mulhall, commented: “In short, (Tate’s) ‘final message’ attempts to completely rewrite his behavior, to justify the unjustifiable and, although he repeatedly several times that it assumes responsibility, it assumes no responsibility for the harm caused by its content. and provokes. It’s an attempt to save his reputation.

“Tate can say whatever he wants, but as last week has shown, the public and social media companies know that his harmful content is unacceptable.”