close
close

41-year-old man dies of electric shock in Budgam

A A 41-year-old man died of electric shock while cutting grass on his land in Beerwah area of ​​Central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Thursday, officials said.

Citing an official, KNO news agency reported that the man received an electric shock when he suddenly came into contact with a live wire.

“He was immediately rushed to a nearby health center, where he was pronounced dead,” he said.

He was identified as Imtiyaz Ahmad Dar (41), son of Mohammad Sultan Dar of Chewdara Beerwah.

Meanwhile, residents protested outside the hospital compound, alleging negligence on the part of the Power Development Department (PDD) as the power transmission lines are at their lowest, leading to poses a threat to lives.