Yorkville City Council to consider new type of liquor license for Raging Waves Water Park

The Yorkville City Council will consider creating a new form of liquor license Tuesday that would allow a water park to sell alcoholic beverages.

A city memo in the Tuesday meeting record says Raging Waves Water Park contacted city staff to ask about the possibility of selling beer, wine and alcoholic beverages in a private cabana and outdoor cafes. air throughout the park.

Under the license, alcohol could be served from ten to six o’clock and only in containers other than glass.

There would be an annual fee of $1,050 for the license.

The water park was recently purchased by Bowlero, an operator of bowling alleys and entertainment centers.